Friday, May 25, 2012

Progress on My Cubes

Look, progress! So you don't have to punch me in the face, as I said here.



See, more cubes.
As you can see, I made a little test area for this little game I'm working on. It's going to be a side-scrolling game, so that's why everything looks pretty two-dimensional. No Z-axis movement in this game, no sir.

Most of the progress I've made so far is progress that can't really be shown in a screenshot: the controls and player movement. I spent a long time trying to get the jump to work right and feel right. The most basic jump I had to begin with felt more like a teleport because it would happen so damn quickly. I fixed that, and now I have a jump that feels really nice. So now I have a little guy that can move around and jump and fall and he can turn around whenever you switch directions.

But I also made some progress that you can see in the screenshot. Look, I added the color red to the scene. If red isn't progress then I don't know what is.

Look forward to an update next week when I make certain cubes yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment